Wednesday, January 25, 2017

1041. Apple Tart, Revisited


One of my favorite and most underrated desserts is my apple tarts. I published the recipe years ago on MCW, but the photography was not great, and there it lay almost completely forgotten beside all the glorious pictures of apple pie brides that populate the internet every season. This time, I did a couple of enhancements.
First off, I made a single giant tart, versus many small tarts. I also used my homemade puff pastry, which turned out phenomenal, and I cannot recommend it enough. Next, I decided to actually measure the ingredients to give a better guide to making the tart. The first recipe was more of a guide to which you would throw in as much or as little sugar and cinnamon as you like. Serving a generous portion of the warm apple tart topped with vanilla ice cream and a drizzle of honey is an absolute dream.


Ingredients:

half batch puff pastry
1/2 cup sugar, divided
5 granny smith apples
1 tsp cinnamon
1 lemon, juice
3 Tbsp butter


Method:

Preheat oven to 400F.
Peel the apples, halve, core, and thinly slice; set aside.
Roll the puff pastry to roughly a 13 or 14 inch square, place on a baking sheet. Sprinkle a quarter cup of sugar over the pastry. Fan out the sliced apple halves and lay over the pastry, leaving a narrow border of about 2 centimeters. Sprinkle the apple with the remaining quarter cup sugar, the lemon juice, and cinnamon powder. Dot with the butter, and fold over the sides.
Bake in preheated oven for 45 to 50 minutes.
To serve, cut while still warm, top with a ball of vanilla ice cream and drizzle with a teaspoon of honey, L'Entrecote style.


صحة و عافية


No comments: