Friday, January 4, 2013

288. Spinach Artichoke Dip


Spinach-Artichoke dip would always be the first thing I order when dining in a place that serves it.
I can't find any information where the dish originated from, but since it contains artichokes, I'm assuming it's got Italian or French roots.
I honestly don't know why I never tried making it at home. I think I might have thought I'd never make it as good. I was right: I made it even better to the point that I never again order this dip out.

It was much simpler than I thought, and you can adjust the recipe by choosing low fat ingredients.
I found this recipe on Natasha's Kitchen, and she's even got a little video guiding you through the "easiness" of making this dip.
You can serve it with any crunchy carbohydrate you like: tortilla chips, or crispy baguette, or even pita wedges.
Note that more often than not, you just might have leftover spinach artichoke dip. Not to worry nor waste: the things you can make with it are incredible. You can boil some pasta and stir it in, or you can add some eggs and milk and pour it in a crust to make a quiche, or you can stuff some mushroom and bake it, or you can thin it out with some stock and serve it as a soup (with tortillas of course!).


Ingredients:

250g cream cheese
500g sour cream
100g butter
250g shredded Parmesan cheese
300g artichoke hearts, drained and coarsely chopped
300g frozen spinach (thawed and drained)
2 garlic cloves, pressed



Method:

In a medium pot over medium heat, melt together cream cheese, sour cream, ck butter and parmesan cheese, stirring frequently until melted and an even consistency.
It should start to bubble.
Stir in coarsely chopped artichoke harts, and drained spinach.
Finally, stir in pressed garlic cloves.
Serve hot with chips or crackers or toasted baguettes.




 صحة و عافية

No comments: