Tuesday, November 20, 2012

243. Spicy Pumpkin Roast


Pumpkin has sort of always been foreign to me except in soups.
Roasted in this manner however, is my new favorite way to eat it.
I used mini pumpkins, but this can be adapted using regular pumpkin or even butternut squash.
Although my beautiful sage plant gives me fresh sage leaves all year long, I mostly associate sage with Autumn.

The sage, chili, and garlic roast to a perfect flavor with the pumpkin, yielding a very tasty side dish.
Since I don't often miss meat at a meal, I was wonderfully content to eat a main portion sized serving of this healthy and flavorsome vegetarian dish.
Don't throw away the seeds, you can roast them and enjoy them to snack on.



Ingredients:

3 cups peeled, de-seeded, and roughly cubed pumpkin
1 Tbsp chopped fresh sage leaves
4 cloves garlic, crushed
1/2 tsp crushed dried chili
3/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
2-3 Tbsp olive oil



Method:

Preheat oven to 375F.
Toss together all the ingredients in a bowl until evenly dispersed.
Pour the contents into a rimmed baking sheet and distribute to form a single layer.
Bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour.
Pumpkin will be firm to the touch but will turn mushy to pressure.
Cool slightly before serving.



 صحة و عافية



No comments: