Sunday, September 23, 2012

185. Peanut Butter Rice Crispie Treats


You either like or you don't like peanut butter. I like it. Very much so.
I have made rice crispie treats before, the classic version. This is the nutty peanut version.
I was first introduced to peanut butter in the third grade. It was a life-defining moment for me.

My mother, God rest her soul, refused to feed me the mass-produced peanut butter and would make it at home, just for me!
With her gone, I have unfortunately reverted to the commercial peanut butter, but this post has made me think twice about that now...



Ingredients:

1/2 cup butter
450g marshmallows
1 cup peanut butter (creamy or crunchy, your choice)
6 cups rice crispies



Method:

Over medium heat, melt the butter and the marshmallows together in a large pot.
Add the peanut butter, and stir to incorporate.
Add the rice crispies and toss off heat to coat completely.
Pour the mixture in a large rimmed rectangular dish and smooth surface with the back of a spoon.
Score gently into desired shape and size.
Let cool completely before cutting again and consuming.




 صحة و عافية

No comments: