Wednesday, June 13, 2012

83. Chicken Pistachio Terrine Rods


There was a time when I was a child that meatloaf was so over-done that every time I hear the word meatloaf, I cringe. So I really don't want to ruin this really good recipe by calling it meatloaf. In fact, it is more of a terrine, so I'll go with that.
It is so easy to make, and so pretty to look at, that I just had to give it a try. I adapted it from alterkitchen, and I was not disappointed.
These are excellent in salads, in a picnic, or simply as part of a charcuterie platter.



Ingredients:

1 large chicken breast (200g)
200g chicken mortadella
2 eggs
1/2 cup whole shelled pistachio



Method:

In a food processor, process the chicken breast and mortadella.
Add the eggs and process again until a putty is formed.
Remove from the processor container to a bowl and fold in the pistachios.
Divide the mixture in two, and form a rod on parchment paper from each half.
Roll in a fail sheet, and twist the ends tightly (see pictures).
Drop the rods in a large pot of boiling water, cover, and let boil for 30 minutes.
Remove from water and let cool in the fridge before unwrapping and slicing.



 صحة و عافية

No comments: